Saturday, April 5, 2014

My Big Ouchie Foot


The weirdest thing happened. 

Last night my foot was a little ouchie, but no big deal. Then this morning it was ouchie enough so that I didn't really want to walkie. Momma called the vet and good thing too, because by the time we arrived, I had developed.... BIG FOOT!

Can you see it? It's my foot in the top of the picture.



Vet lady got out her special magnification head set and declared that I suffered from "Bubba Toe." 

I'll let momma tell you all about it, but all yours truly really is concerned by is that it is, to be honest, more than a tad uncomfortable.

Momma tried to get a photo, but due to her poor camera handling, it's hard to see anything other than the fact that I am a very good doggie who allows his feet to be grabbed without making a fuss.





Perhaps a belly rub is in order as long as I am upside down.

Since I'm not supposed to walkie for a little bit, I resigned myself to roaming the estate where I discovered this alarming trophy from Master's latest project house.



You can stay if you help keep the bunnies away from Master's blueberries.


You would think that with me feeling less that my usual that momma could at least snap a photo that wasn't yet another black blob face. It isn't like I'm moving fast at that moment.



Next time check your light sources, momma.

Dexter done!

P.S. Dexter has an infection in his toe which is most likely caused by ingrown fur. My vet calls it "Bubba Toe" after her bull mastiff and it apparently is quite common in dogs with big, hairy feet and affects only the outer digits of the front feet. As a caution, she also took x-rays which showed no issues in his bones other than a little arthritis on his inner front toes. He's restricted to "soft surface" walks for a few days and taking antibiotics.

27 comments:

  1. Bubba Toe..huh. SHE says SHE's going to have to trim my (Bella's) feet! Thanks a lot....Dexter. I hate my feet worked on!

    Hope it's better soon.

    XXXOOO Bella & Roxy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Poor Dexter. We hope you feel better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dexter,

    We is sendin' you healin' vibes fur your bubba-toe. Feel better soon furiend.

    Woofs and Licks,
    Maggie Mae and Max

    ReplyDelete
  4. Licks and love from here. (And Sissy's feet were inspected, in the name of a belly rub gone wrong.)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh poor Dexter!!! I gots REALLY furry feeties, luckily I've never had a Bubba Toe incident cause I don't likes Ma touchin' my feeties!! Heal soon Dex..you gots to gets your Moms on some walkies!
    Kisses,,
    Ruby ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. We hope things get back to normal like...tomorrow!! Hang in there Dex!
    Smileys!
    Dory

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! You actually let someone grab your foot without making a fuss. That is most awesomely cooperative of you Dexter. I trust that a prolonged and satisfying belly rub was forthcoming.
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie.
    PS Gail and I hope you're better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ooooo DEX! Milk it baby, milk it. I mean, you do have that labradorable face... WTF? put it to good use and get some good cuddles, massages, and maybe an extra raw meaty bone!

    ps. so glad it is not serious. Bubba toe? Damn, that RH seems to never leave woo alone!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, that sounds painful Dexter. Hope it's all better in a couple of days mate. I allow my mum to touch my back feet but not my front! No worries, and slobber, Rory and Stella

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gee Whiz Dexter... we have NEVER heard of a BUBBA TOE before. Maybe you should have your mom make a MUD Poultice fur it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Does not sound like fun - especially if it mean limiting the walkies. Hope the antibiotics do the trick Dex

    ReplyDelete
  12. We sure hope your footy-foot feels better soon, Dexter!!!!
    Yours sincerely,
    Margaret Thatcher

    ReplyDelete
  13. hello dexter its dennis the vizsla dog hay oh no toe infekshun!!! that wuz wun of tuckers sevral nemesisisises for the last yeer or two of his life!!! i hope yoo feel better soon!!! ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  14. Enjoy walking on soft surfaces. Does that mean you'll get to go on the BED???

    -Bart, Ruby and Otto

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh, poor you! Take good care and rest up. I recommend the people bed, tummy rubs and lots of special noms!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Letting someone touch your paws is a huge act of bravery! I am very impressed and hope the ouchie gets better real soon.

    Wirey love,

    Just Harry

    ReplyDelete
  17. We feel for ya, Dexter. Get better soon, buddy!

    Love ya lots♥
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh Dex, I know all about foot problems, so you have my full sympathy. Get better soon, Buddy!

    Woofs,
    Tommy

    ReplyDelete
  19. We hope your Bubba Toe gets better soon, Dexter. Heheheh. Bubba Toe made us laugh just a little. :)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Here and I thought it was Bubba Toe because his foot looks like Mango's! Glad to hear that it's a minor thing.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Dexter, you take care of those precious tootsies of yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hope that sore foot heals quickly big guy. Lots of luv's Freya Rose Blossom X

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hope your ouchie foots gets better soon. Bubba toe, that's a funny name for something ouchie!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my, Dexter. Your mom scared me with that photo of your Bubba Toe. If she hadn't explained it, I might not have slept out of worry... You see - K got a toe that looked like that, and it had to be amputated (but her bone was infected, which showed up on an xray). I'm so glad that your toe will recover to live a long life!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Poor Dexter! You have ingrown hair in your toes, and Auggie has it on the top of his head. What is with that? Feel better ...

    ReplyDelete