Monday, November 26, 2012

Higher Education


Momma has had some sickies which means she is boring. There's no other way to put it. She just lays about in bed all day long. Luckily for yours truly, we managed an adventure walkie prior to her retreat to her sick room, so here goes.

First I need to show you my new harness. I thought it would be nice to compare a regular harness to the onesie, you know, just to see if they are different.





Momma likes the onesie better, but to be honest I prefer the new one. Why? Because when it is time to put it on, momma gets down on the floor and starts pulling on my leggies which means.... WRESTLE MANIA! Wow! That is fun EVERY time!




But on to the topic of the day, which is what, I wonder, is meant by the phrase "higher education."

I deduced a trip to our local university would answer that question once and for all.

To get there, we needed to cross the highway. No problem for an adventurous chap like me.



We sure are high up!


And here we are. This sign sure is big. Note that I am an obedient subject for the flashy as momma had to drop my string to get far enough away to capture all the words.


You see what a good doggie I am? No cookies even.


It didn't take long to figure out that the "higher" in "higher education" refers to the location. We had to go up some mighty steep hills to get to the main campus. Momma claims that she was already feeling the effects of her sickies or she would have been able to keep up with me better.


Hurry up, Momma, we're almost at the top!


And we reached the summit! Quite a view. I can almost see the Atlantic Ocean.



I feel smarter already.


Our local university is a blend of old and new. This is a newer thing. It must be. Nobody would have considered this art 100 years ago. In fact, I don't really consider it art now (no, I did not pee on it).





But here we have an official old thing. It's so old, I think it should be spelled olde.

My Master would love to have those doors on our estate.




Being at the top of the world has it's hazards. The wind was howling! 



My ears! 


Momma always wants me to pose in front of these signs on rocks. Can you even read it? It says the university was made in 1855 and was a "normal school." What a relief. I would hate to think there was a school full of abnormal so close to our estate.


BORING!


At the foot of the hill is this conveniently located shopping plaza with liquor store and tattoo parlor. Perfect combination for the college crowd.


Liquor and body art. What more could one want?


I apologize for my somewhat bland prose today. It seems that when momma's head is cloudy, my writing suffers. Something to wonder about on another day.



Momma, you don't look so good.... uh oh.


Dexter done!


27 comments:

  1. So Dex, give me the 411 on that halter! I like that back hook thingy!!

    -Bart

    PeeeeeeeS: We hope your momma is feeling better. Our mom is working like a nut-bar, hense our bloggy has suffered as well...

    -B & R

    ReplyDelete
  2. Khyra was khurious as to where Ye DOH be hidin'

    I was ready to ask Toolie and NorDude to storm The Estate and find her!

    Hope she feels better soon!

    Hugz&Khysses,
    Khyra

    ReplyDelete
  3. Climbing hills always makes The Typist whinge about achy everything for the rest of the day. Could that be what's wrong with your human? We like tattoos in this family. Unfortunately, no one's ever been brave or drunk enough to get one. Hooroo! x

    ReplyDelete
  4. We hope your momma feels better soon. Our grandma laughed so hard when u said u feel smarter already after climbing those stairs to the higher education. Thanks for brightening our day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are sorry to hear that the Momma is ill...but do appreciate the fact that she helped you with your post about higher education. We love campuses...indeed we do. Have some of our favorite adventures there.

    Take care of Momma, and tell the Master to get on the Physical plant mailing list for the upcoming sales. He might have to wait for those doors, but they gots lots of good stuff.

    gussie

    ReplyDelete
  6. SHE went to a university that was a 'Normal School'; but it was pretty abnormal by the time SHE got there! HER's must not have been classified as higher education as there were no hills!

    Hope your mum feels better soon. You did a great job dragging her around.

    XXXOOO Daisy, Bella & roxy

    ReplyDelete
  7. Poor momma we hope you are taking good care of her ......now that you are an educated dog you should know all the right things to do

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm sure mom is going to feel just fine after wrestling with you on the floor. Higher education, I hope she's not expecting you to do no agility's or anything in that school
    Benny & Lily

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yeah, I'm with Bart, I wants to hear abouts the new harness! Ma is STILL looking for a suitable 'no-pull' harness for Moi, so she is very interested (Me, not so much....). I hopes your Moms is feeling better! I know it is NO FUNS when the Moms isn't feeling well. Kiss her feet, and give her slobbery kisses (in that order! hehehe), and she should be feelin' betters in no time!

    Kisses,
    Ruby

    pees: the body art and liquor is hilarious.....Ma has memories.....

    ReplyDelete
  10. Dexter, surely you will fix Momma a hot toddy from that liquor store, or maybe not if it's her stomach. I hope she feels better soon. I so enjoyed seeing the higher education near your estate. It is a nice looking campus and looked quite "normal" to me. Does your momma know why that word was included in the name of the university? Is it a Massachusetts thing? Take care of Momma. Ann TBL

    ReplyDelete
  11. Neato!! Of course, the citified parts would freak Gretchen out, so we couldn't do that, and I'm totally not to be trusted without a leash firmly in a human hand... man, we're jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for explaining "higher education" to us, Dexter. And we sure hope your momma feels better soon. Sickies sounds like no fun.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Howdy Dexter, sorry your Momma has the sickies. Hope she feels better soon so you can have more walkies. You have cleared up a mystery for mum. She had no Higher Education and our siblings have, so now she understands why they are all taller than her. Maybe if she was taller she would be smarter! Nah, probably not hehehehe.
    Our Flinders University is all up and down hill too and once when our brother was studying there, he broke his ankle (at footy) and had to use crutches for six weeks! He said it sure was tiring. Take care Mango Momma, we've been thinking of you. No worries, and love, Stella and Rory

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi Dexter, sorry to hear that Momma has sickies. Please tell her we hope she's on the mend and that her (sorry your) fuzzy headed prose is still better than most. We enjoyed the report of your outing to the local university, but we have to disagree with your contention that parts it are 'old'. But I guess it's all a matter of perspective. Our University of Aberdeen was founded in 1495 and is the fifth oldest in the English speaking world!
    Toodle pip!
    Bertie (and Gail).

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ha-ha! Thanks for the continuing education course Dex!
    Love you new blue harness, very stylish!

    Hope your Mom feels better soon! Take good care of her:)

    ReplyDelete
  16. My mom is cracking up over here about
    "Normal School".

    Make your Mom some chicken soup for her cold.
    Get better soon.
    xo Cinnamon

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hope your momma is feeling better after the higher education tour! I'm sure you're the Master of knowledge now as you look much smarter too.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I hope your momma feels better soon! But thank you for solving that tricky question for us. I never knew what the "higher" meant either!

    ReplyDelete
  19. what an educational adventure! Loved your ears blowing in the wind like that...Maybe your mommas ears were blowing a bit too, making her ill...

    ReplyDelete
  20. Me give a hug for ur Mom. (((Mom)))

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Dexter

    We hope your Momma is feeling a lot better now, suffering from the flu is very unpleasant we believe. Apparently Man Flu is even worse!!!!

    Your trip to the higher education establishment was most interesting. However, we have to agree with Bertie. The age of the Uni building really is quite young, our nearest Uni has a college founded in 1284!

    Molly, Taffy, Monty and Winnie


    ReplyDelete
  22. I hope I read somewhere else that your mom is feeling better.
    Hey, I never knew that's what "higher education" meant. Thanks for cuing me in. Could you see the Kansas Ocean from up there?
    Really cool post, Dex!
    Play bows,
    Zim

    ReplyDelete
  23. We hope your momma feels better soon, Dexter. Those are cool doors!

    Love ya lots,
    Mitch and Molly

    ReplyDelete
  24. So THAT'S what "Higher Learning" means. I'm glad yours is a Normal School. Hope Momma is feeling much better now.

    ReplyDelete
  25. Hope you are feeling better by now!!! I went to a normal school... not sure why. I'm hardly normal!

    ReplyDelete
  26. hello dexter its dennis the vizsla dog hay that duz luk like a gud wawk!!! but i am konfyoozd i thawt yoo livd in the mithical land of massachusetts not the mithical land of framingham did massachusetts deeside to chayndj its naym to sumthing eezier to spel??? ok bye

    ReplyDelete
  27. You didn't pee on that art?

    ReplyDelete